|Copyright 2018 ACE-DHH
|CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Association of College Educators—Deaf and Hard of Hearing Conference
Connecting the dots:
Drawing on interdisciplinary ideas and findings
...from February 7 to 9, 2019 in Chicago at…
Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile
The theme of the 2019 ACE-DHH conference underlies a recognition that we, as academics, draw our energy from coming up with new ideas,
using them to frame our investigation, and bringing the resulting findings to the field. The organization represents a diverse membership who
brings a wealth of perspectives to draw on to help further ideas, discussion, and discoveries. We all share the passion to find ways to make
education more equitable for deaf and hard of hearing students and to increase the likelihood of their success.
We encourage you to submit a proposal that shares new findings or presents fresh ideas. Additional points will be provided for proposals that
incorporate the conference theme such as the different ways that:
1. Different dots may be connected.
2. Collaboration with others may be promoted to address common concerns within our field.
3. Others may benefit from and build on your ideas and findings.
4. Members of different teacher training program may serve as a resource for colleagues in other programs (advocacy, programming,
methodology, and research).
5. The members may reach out to others and learn from them.
6. We can draw on the Deaf community members as stakeholders in our work.
The submission deadline for proposals will be September 16, 2018. We will use Google Forms for proposal submission. A link with more
information about the submission process will be provided soon. Please contact Marlon Kuntze (firstname.lastname@example.org) for
Proposals will be reviewed by the Program Committee in a blind review format. The goal is to announce the results no later than late October.
Please note that if the proposal is accepted, all presenters and co-presenters must register for the conference by January 1, 2019.