|CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Association of College Educators—Deaf and Hard of Hearing Conference
Connecting the dots:
Drawing on interdisciplinary ideas and findings
...from February 7 to 9, 2019 in Chicago at…
Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile
The theme of the 2019 ACE-DHH conference underlies a recognition that we, as academics, draw our energy from coming up with new ideas,
using them to frame our investigation, and bringing the resulting findings to the field. The organization represents a diverse membership who
brings a wealth of perspectives to draw on to help further ideas, discussion, and discoveries. We all share the passion to find ways to make
education more equitable for deaf and hard of hearing students and to increase the likelihood of their success.
We encourage you to submit a proposal that shares new findings or presents fresh ideas. Additional points will be provided for proposals that
incorporate the conference theme such as the different ways that:
1. Different dots may be connected.
2. Collaboration with others may be promoted to address common concerns within our field.
3. Others may benefit from and build on your ideas and findings.
4. Members of different teacher training program may serve as a resource for colleagues in other programs (advocacy, programming,
methodology, and research).
5. The members may reach out to others and learn from them.
6. We can draw on the Deaf community members as stakeholders in our work.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS ARE NOW CLOSED - WE HOPE TO SEE YOU IN CHICAGO!